Bad idea for so so many reasons.

First, not at all scalable as a DB.  Need more horsepower for an Access
DB?  Buy a more powerful machine.  Need more power for SQL Server?
Cluster it.

Second, horrible for design & maintenance.  Need to make a change to an
Access database?  You've got to take it offline...becomes even mroe of a
pain if you don't have local access to the .mdb file.

Go with SQL Server or Oracle.  If money is an issue, see if MSDE can
work for you, or try MySQL.  Leave Access for the secretaries and the
guys who run fantasy football leagues.

Just my $.02

Pete