>That's why I include the function and not the contents of the function
>into the component.
>
>Jim Davis wrote:
>
>> I recently had to rewrite a ton of my code to deal with this issue.

Hi Jim, we had heard that about including inside a function.  The code that I showed to you however does not include the contents of the function, it is an include of the whole function.  So one of those cfincludes would have

<cffunction ... arguments ...>
           ... code ....
</cffunction>

does this nasty little var scope / cfinclude issue happen whenever you use cfinclude on a cfc ANYWHERE or just when you use cfinclude inside a FUNCTION itself?

Also, do you happen to have any reference to tech notes from macromedia?

Thanks a bunch.

Michael