From: Pascal Peters [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2004 3:52 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Application Security Confusion

Jeff,

They have to die at sessiontimeout, but NOT when you close your browser
(if you are using CF sessions on CFMX or a lower version). If you use
J2EE sessions in CFMX, the session will end if you close all browser
windows.

Without seeing code, I can't imagine why the session would persist after
the specified timeout. You could try and debug by doing a <cfdump
var="#session#"> right after the cfapplication tag. This way you can see
if the session really exists, or if your code recreates it or something
of the kind.

Pascal

  _____