Why am I getting this error? What does it mean please?

An error occurred while evaluating the _expression_:
session.item=#ArrayDeleteAt(session.item,1)#
Parameter 1 of function ArrayDeleteAt which is now "YES" must be an array. The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFSET),

I want to delete a row in the Array and am using this code after user clicks the "remove" button:

<CFIF IsDefined("form.remove.x")>
<CFSET session.item=#ArrayDeleteAt(session.item,1)#>
</cfif>

Roberto O.