MM did have an internal rewrite on certain URLs but this may have been removed
or just not known.

To bring this over to a technical topic, this is why I reject the use of UUIDs
as unique identifiers for data. A sequential number may get large (100000) but
it is almost always shorter than a UUID and better looking.