Is the 3 hour timeout specified within the CF Administrator or the CFApplication tag?  The Administrator setting will override the TAG setting IF the Administrator setting is a lower value then the TAG setting.  In other words, if the application tag is set for 3 hours and the administrator is set for 30 minutes, 30 minutes would prevail as the timeout value.

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug James [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 12:17 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: cf5 session variables

The situation I have is a cfm page with an html page (that submits a
form to a cfm) embedded in an iframe. The outer cfm page is viewed by
our clients for up to an hour or more. After a about 30 minutes or so of
inactivity causes the next submission to bomb out. The session time out
is set to 3 hours but it acting like the html page is timing out after
30 minutes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Doug