Hello all,

I would like to know if it's possble to convert a string to it's UTF-8 byte representation.  I'm aware of the getBytes() function used in CFMX, but was wondering how the same could be accomplished on ColdFusion 5.

I have tried to use the JVM and CreateObject but am running into limitations with my (very) limited experience in Java:

<cfscript>
JObj = createobject("java", "java.lang.String");
jObj.getBytes("UTF-8");
testString = "My test string."
</cfscript>

>From here, I can't figure out how to actually convert the string to UTF-8.  Is there an easier way to do this?