Archive: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:4:166613
---
I see you are using session vars, so I would recommend
session.times_logged_on.

But that aside, you have to realize that there is no way of really
blocking more than x attempts to log in on a web app. All methods you
can come up with will rely on cookies to track that and the user can
manipulate those on his machine. If some site tells me I had too many
attempts, I just delete the cookies for that site and happily continue
logging in.

Pascal