> Can you make an http request from SQL server, or at
> least run a command line program that makes the request?

Interesting question!

You can run a command line from SQL Server using EXEC xp_cmdshell. I think
it would be rather slow though as it would create a whole new runtime
environment.

I don't think Michael actually said he was using SQL Server. If he's using
Oracle8i I think an http request would be feasible using Java?

Nick

Information in this email is confidential and may be privileged.
It is intended for the addressee only. If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.
You should not otherwise copy it, retransmit it or use or disclose its
contents to anyone.
Thank you for your co-operation.