Sorry for dropping out of the conversation.

Ray, yes multiple bloggers on one server. Hence one DSN (to service
the entire blog app) would be nice. I work in a Univ environment and
faculty and grad students would really like one each.

Roger, yes we do need to be self-hosted. MovableType does look to be a
very decent app. But has anybody here used Drupal?

George