single mapping hasn't worked for me in the past :(

had to have both.

tw

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 3:10 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CFMX config question

> From my experimentation, you need both of these mappings in
> place.  The first is the default mapping, and the second is
> like what Dave proposed, but with a "/" in there as well.
>
> <servlet-mapping>
>           <servlet-name>CfmServlet</servlet-name>
>           <url-pattern>*.cfm</url-pattern> </servlet-mapping>
> <servlet-mapping>
>           <servlet-name>CfmServlet</servlet-name>
>           <url-pattern>*.cfm/*</url-pattern>
> </servlet-mapping>
>
> I can't say I have a completely understanding of why this
> specific combo works, while others don't, but experimentation
> has shown that it does.  The setup I'm using is CFMX 6.1
> deployed on Jrun 4, connected to Apache 2 on Linux.

I know that having both mappings in there as you describe will work, but I
would expect a single mapping to work if it specified a URL pattern that
would catch CF pages with and without SES URLs. Out of curiosity, did you
try the single mapping, and have problems with it?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496
fax: 202-797-5444