Mmm....

So you can run CF apps without a browser!

In theory, the drop folder could be an for an email received and routed
to the folder by another app.

Or, maybe the email program could invoke the CFC, itself.

My first CF host (circa 1998) had a custom written email setup ...
where you setup so that when mail was received at certain email
address(es), designated CF program(s) was invoked.

Very useful -- I demo'd the feature by:

1) send email with list of stock symbols in body to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

2) email rec'd at this account triggered my program which CFHTTP'd the
stock symbols to a stock quote site, harvested the quotes from the
returned page, and emailed the results to the requestor.

In those, days you could get stock quotes on demand from a wireless
phone -- before anyone provided such s service.

Lotsa other potential uses --- you could even tell the server to reboot
it self, turn down the furnace, start the coffee.

But, this new CF capability might be even better.

Say the event invoking a CFC was an OSA script --- if so, the power of
CF is available to other applications (as well as the converse)

So a web request could trigger a cfexecute of a whole series of bg
tasks (each handled by the appropriate scripting language, application,
etc.) ... the kick off a CF process to wrap it up.

Mmmmm....

Dick