From: Burns, John D [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 2:02 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Finding good developers

Not sure about really helping with finding someone, but a suggestion
that I will offer is to have some kind of a test in place to find out if
they are really a good developer or not.  A lot of people look good on
paper and can possibly bring in some examples of stuff "they've done" in
the past, but I've seen it happen where they didn't know much at all
about that stuff and it was mainly written by someone else.  Perhaps a
simple multiple choice test would work, or maybe give the person a small
sample application that you'd like them to write and see how they do it.
It can give a lot of info on their coding style and such.  Just an idea,
do with it as you will.

John