From: Jack Tumlin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 18 August 2000 15:29
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: CF and Fox Pro

Andy,

You can write a FoxPro com to pack the tables in question and
then have the CF RMS called the com via CFOBJECT.  This would
be a permanent solution to get rid of the deleted records.

The com object would contain the following FoxPro commands:

USE NAMEOFTABLE EXCLUSIVE
PACK
USE

I know this is not a fast or easy solution. But, it does get rid of the
records.
This works in Windows, I'm not sure about UNIX.

At 02:54 PM 8/18/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Ok I hate Fox Pro as much as the next person but unfortunately I have to
>make some changes to a site that is driven by fowpro databases and I'm
>getting a problem....
>
>The client has a Remote Management System which maintains the data in these
>FP tables that drives their site.  He is trying to delete a record from a
>table but there is some logic in the CF pages that won't let him delete the
>record if there are any related records in another table (which there are
in
>this case).  So.....he does the natural thing and deletes all of the
related
>records in the other table (through his CF RMS) and then goes back to
delete
>this original record.  However the Fox Pro database thinks these related
>records are still there as the PACK command has not been issued.  As I
>understand it the records are not permanently deleted until the pack
command
>is issued.  Iv'e tried adding this command to the sql statement in the CF
>page that deletes these records but I get an ODBC error......anyone have a
>quick easy solution to this
>
>Andy

>Andrew Ewings
>Project Manager