LiveWire was the name that Netscape gave for the overall package of server
based technologies.

To quote Mark Richter in his book, "Official Netscape LiveWire Book"
(Ventana, 1997, p4), "LiveWire is Netscape's groundbreaking solution or
interactive network applications." or, to use the author's favorite term,
the foundation, along with Navigator, of a paradigm shift.

The ground did break enough to swallow up my $49.95 (in 1997 dollars).  I
new I was keeping this otherwise completely useless tome for a reason!