On Jul 2, 2004, at 8:01 PM, Michael T. Tangorre wrote:

> Does anyone have a regex handy to check a potential link.
>
>  For instance: I need to make sure the link specified is in the
> following
>  format
>
>  http://www.whatever OR http://something
>
>  Im not sure what the best check would be, I guess this is the least
> common
>  denominator for strictly http links.
>  Someone correct me if I am wrong though.

There are a lot of valid formats for links just as there are for email
address.

you can check that each is a valid format, but that doesn't prove that
is valid.

At least with links, you can validate them by issuing a cfhttp request.

If you are just scanning text to find any links, just look for
something like:

(everything after a http:// until a space or quote)

HTH

Dick

"In times like these, it helps to recall that
there have always been times like these."
- Paul Harvey -