What is Amazon based on?
JSP/EJB, CGI, ASP?

JM

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 18/08/00 3:23 PM
Subject: Re: CF's Redheaded Stepchild

At 01:15 PM 8/18/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Good explanation, Benjamin.
>
>Rey...

Another problem with ToysRUs was that they didn't put much stock in
staying
the path when things weren't instant profit.  Amazon stayed the path,
they
didn't panic and keep making changes.  ToysRus did.  And after next
year,
if we ISP owners actually do get hit with the oft talked about telco and

interstate tax codes, all hell will break loose.

We've got a few years to figure out where ecommerce is going to go, and
have a strong feeling a lot of these IPOs are going to eat it and die
for a
mutlitude of reasons.... but ToysRUs was failing because the economic
model
was poor, and a brick & mortar company that was turning a profit didn't
feel huge desire to get involved in something that was going to be a
money
loser.

When they took on the chair from FAO Schwarz, you knew where they were
going.

CW