Your second example is just trimming the left 100 chars, that won't affect
the single-quotes will it?

-----Original Message-----
From: JediHomer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 11:57 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Havent seen this error before...

You dont need it to specify that its a string

i.e. set sfoo = 'im a sring'

It should also escape single quotes embeded into the string, but there
is a bug with a hotfix (which is what Mark was refering to I beleive)
where if you use a string function within the CFQueryParam which
contained a Single quote then it would be doubled up.

I.e.

<CFSET sString = "Homer's life is normal in comparison to mine">

<CFQUERY ... >
    UPDATE myTable
    SET TheTitle = <CFQUERYPARAM VALUE="#sString#">
</CFQUERY>

Will update the value to be "Homer's life is normal in comparison to mine"

whereas

<CFQUERY ... >
    UPDATE myTable
    SET TheTitle = <CFQUERYPARAM VALUE="#Left(Trim(sString), 100)#">
</CFQUERY>

Would actually enter "Homer''s life is normal in comparison to mine"
into the database

HTH

Mike