I am not 100% percent sure, but my mind tells me you can't run a CF function on the backreference value in a regular _expression_.

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/07/04 02:48PM >>>
Can someone tell me why the following code will not work:

<cfset myvar = REReplace(myvar, "%([[:xdigit:]]{2})", urlDecode('\1'), "ALL")>

I am trying to write a function that will take the filecontent from a cfhttp request and "unescape" any hexidecimal sequences it finds (for example %20 for a space.

I am trying to use backreferencing with a regular _expression_ to find these sequences and then unescape them using urlDecode. I've already tried passing the entire string into urlDecode but it won't take it.

Thanks,
Joe