I like strong typing, but I think ColdFusion isn't the place for it.

ColdFusion has a history of trying to maintain backward compatibility.
Also, one of the tenants of CF is that it is "typeless" language
(validation portion of cffunction and cfargument aside)....so I doubt
we'd ever see it.

Yeah, it'd allow neat stuff like method overloading, etc., but if you
want to move to a strongly typed world, and truly take advantage of
what that gives you, shouldn't you be using Java to begin with?

IsNull() would be pretty handy, though!  Ben F....anyone else from
MACR reading....can get this on the list? :)

-Joe