Um.... I name my directories "blah.com" all the time without issue.  Can you give an example?  How is it that you think
this?

-Mark

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Damien McKenna [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 4:05 PM
  To: CF-Talk
  Subject: OT: IIS considers "blah.com" directories to be executable?

  I just noticed that IIS5 considers directories that end in an extension
  which is also used for commands (.com or .exe) to be executables and
  not directories.  This means you can't name a directory "123.com",
  which kinda sucks as I like naming my directories after the domain
  name.  Does MS have a reason for this or is it just another case of
  them writing bad software?
  --
  Damien McKenna
  (wishes he could use Apache)