On 8/19/00, Al Musella, DPM penned:
>If you went through all of this trouble already, why not just get rid
>of all session / client / application variables all together. I don't
>really see the need for them.  You can create your own database, and your
>own clientID and password, and pass them along to each form  This way you
>don't have to worry about compatibility of the lock statements (Which it
>seems to me still has a little work to go - which means with the next
>version we will have to go back and change thousands of templates again)
>with each new version of cf.

I've got strictly client variables now. The locks are gone.

My main question was whether it would hurt to do the client storage
right inside of the application's database. I'd only do this if the
host didn't have a client storage database configured and of course
was willing to set the application's database up to accept client
storage.
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
954.721.3452