So as far as variables go (putting aside CFFILE considerations, and some
others mentioned by Forta such as CFX tags that aren't multithread safe and
CFHTTP) -- AND IF I have only:

APPLICATION scoped variables that once set are read only
VARIABLES scoped variables, and
CLIENT scoped variables

and no other non-scoped variables,

then I don't have to worry about CF locking.

Right?  Wrong?

best,  paul