On Jul 13, 2004, at 7:27 AM, Phillip Beazley wrote:

> At 10:23 AM 7/13/2004, you wrote:
>
>  >Doest anyone know of a image editor that can be used in a webpage,
>  >preferably not a java applet etc. It does not have to be the
>  >"photoshop" of web browsers, but resize, crop etc would be great. The
>  >cheapest, or free would be best like always!
>
>  Ooo, damn, I need this too.  I've been meaning to ask for days.  I
> just
>  need crop, though, or more specifically something that will allow
> like a
>  blue box to be moved and resized over the image (i.e. this doesn't
> have to
>  be real-time, I just need to crop coordinates).

There is an open-source Java applet called, GalleryRemote at:

     http://gallery.menalto.com/

A proficient Java programmer could likely add cropping and other image
manipulation supported in the Java library.

This is a very nice applet that supports drag and drop, multiple file
upload and a full-screen slide show.

HTH

Dick