When you only have to execute one query on a page then latencies of 16ms
are no problem, but this is the case where you have pages with for ex.
10 calls to stored procedure, checking childs, checking access, checking
poll results, checking latest news, etc.

The sum of all those latencies is at my point 110ms, while each query
executes with 0ms in QA. This means ColdFusion Server is adding a
latency of 110ms on each request, no mather how fast your server will
be. The only thing I can do is putting the results in memory resident
variables to speed up the process (either session, application or just a
cachedwith timespan) and that is a pitty, especially while we use
ColdFusion for Enterprise purposes and not for honkietonkie hobby stuff.
:-)

Micha Schopman
Software Engineer
Modern Media, Databankweg 12 M, 3821 AL  Amersfoort
Tel 033-4535377, Fax 033-4535388
KvK Amersfoort 39081679, Rabo 39.48.05.380