When I try using CFFTP to initially connect to an FTP Server but the userid
or password is invalid, all I'm getting is a timeout on the CF page
and no error returned via CFFTP.

Here's the code I'm using to call CFFTP to attempt the login:

                <CFFTP  ACTION="open"
                                USERNAME="#FORM.FtpUID#"
                                CONNECTION="FtpConn"
                                PASSWORD="#FORM.FtpPWD#"
                                SERVER="#FORM.FtpIP#"
                                TIMEOUT="10"
                                STOPONERROR="Yes">

Any pointers or ideas from folks on things to try?  I've already tried
wrapping the CFFTP call in a CFTRY/CFCATCH, but to no avail.

Thanks.