Can't do  a readln with cffile.  Instead,  try something like this

<cfscript>
   filename = "/Users/Richard/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml";
   fileReader = createObject("java", "java.io.FileReader");
   fileReader = fileReader.init(filename);
   lineReader = createObject("java","java.io.LineNumberReader");
   lineReader = lineReader.init(fileReader);

   line = lineReader.readLine();
   while (isDefined("line")) {
     lineCount = lineCount + 1;

     // do something here with the data in variable line

     line = lineReader.readLine();
   }
</cfscript>

HTH