You can read the whole file into a variable and then treat it as a
list using #Chr(13)##chr(10)# as the delimiter.

<CFSET line=chr(13)&chr(10)>
<CFLOOP list="#textin#" delimiter="#line#" ....

I have a dos log file I want to use CFFILE to read in one line at a time
and append that line to a field in an access table.
I sure could use an example using CFFILE read and CFFILE write
to accomplish this.
I am having trouble parsing the lines as there are no delimiters other
then the linefeed at least I think it is a linefeed It's the wield backwards P
--
Michael Dinowitz
http://www.houseoffusion.com