Rick

I have been playing with QuickTime and I think I can get it to do
everything I (or you) want.

Currently I an using the browser plugin a popup window.

I also have been able to use the QT Player desktop app.

You can select a song (or movie) from a browser page.

You can play it inline, in a popup or in another frame.

You can do this in such a way that the songs/movies cannot be easily
copied or saved.

You can select another song and it will kill the current song and start
the new one.

Or you can build a playlist of up to 256 songs -- give QT the playlist
and it runs on its own.

Or you can use _javascript_ to manipulate the player/plugin and
songs/movies within the active playlist.

I don't understand all I know about this yet but there is a lot of neet
things you can do -- For example a movie can have commands embedded
within the movie.  These communicate with the plugin/player which, in
turn, communicates with the _javascript_ in your web page & vice versa.

To take this even further, the movie, can be wired and have hotspots --
so the user can click on the move and cause all sorts of things to
happen.

I don't how much of this applies to mp3, yet.

But it appears that QT is a little media server that you can easily
control from a web page with _javascript_ or Flash.

I'll try to have something to demo later today.

Right now I have a semi-hard coded 2 song then repeat playlist and it
gets a little tedious.

Dick

"The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to
choose from."
- Andrew S. Tanenbaum -