On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:16:20 +0200, Micha Schopman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The reason why I copy the application,scope  into a variables scope, is
> to use the CFC throughout the application without the need to relock
> again with a type="read" to access the methods

In my opinion, the only sorts of objects you should store in
application scope are service CFCs - i.e., stateless ones - so there
couldn't be a race condition because stateless CFCs have no instance
data, except perhaps refreshable cached data.

> This structure is cached in a struct, and it would be great
> if I can create some sort of persistency for the duration of the
> application scope, without calling the CFC on each request, but instead
> calling the code in memory for each request.

If the structure is modified per-user, then store the CFC in session
scope instead of application scope (so each user gets their own copy)
and you should be just fine.
--
Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

-- Margaret Atwood