From: Roberto Perez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 4 August 2004 3:54 a.m.
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: cf-based discussion board

At 11:59 AM 8/2/04, Ewok wrote:
>I wouldnt mind a few opinions on my board if anyone feels like being
>critical today :)
>
>http://4em2003.ned.bounceme.net
>
>It started out as a site-specific board but friends begged me to turn it
>into a portable app so I've been working on that whenever I can.

Just curious: after looking at a few message boards this past week, I
noticed that a few of them have different .cfm pages for different
functions (e.g., "viewmessage.cfm", "threadview.cfm", etc.). However, most
of them work like yours: there seems to be only 1 main page ("index.cfm"),
and all "functionalities" seem to be achieved via an "action" variable
passed through the url: "action="" "action="" "action=""> etc.

Why is this a preferred method? Does it really use only 1 .cfm page (an
action page)? If it does, doesn't it slow things down to have only 1 page
parsed all the time for so many different functions (doesn't it overload
that page)?

Thanks,

Roberto Perez
[EMAIL PROTECTED]