Our web application (developed in CF) allows users to register online - after they've registered, two things should happen:
1) they should be sent an auto-email with further instructions
2) we should be sent an auto-email saying they have registered

But every time I do a test registration, it comes back saying "cannot connect to mail server"

Our ISP gave me a mail server that apparently doesn't need to be authenticated, so I'm thinking it should be working.  I went into CF Administrator and put that server name in the mail settings section.

Is there something else I need to do in order to be able to send auto emails using cfmail?

thanks!
Christy