On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:51:27 -0400, S. Isaac Dealey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I thought you only needed read rights to download it and that 777
> would provide all users with all rights (including delete)? ...
> Granted that I'm pretty sure there's no way to take advantage of
> delete privileges via a web browser, but then I'm not a unix guru
> either, so...

In part, the permissions that you place on the file will depend on how
you wish to distribute the file. If you are going to link to the file
directly, then you should allow for read only and not write or execute
(744).

If you are going to use CFMX to server up the file to your users, then
all you really need to provide is enough permissions to allow CF to
access the file. As the file should be created using the same user and
group that CF is running under, something as little as 700 should do
it.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com
"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd