Thanks Dave, that's a great explanation, and not more info than I
needed -- I hadn't even noticed that wasn't a regular chmod value when
I googled it. But the explanation makes it all a lot clearer and will
help if I ever have to google it in the future. :)

> Since we tend to think in terms of permissions that
> a directory does have (i.e., chmod 755 directory_name),
> umask just seems like a funny implementation
> (much like using compare() and NOT compare() in CF!!).

Yea, should have been contrast() :) <cfif contrast(x,y)> -- if they're
different... suppose it would be easy enough to wrapper that...

function contrast(x,y) { return compare(x,y); }

Though most of the time that's just more trouble than it's worth. :)

s. isaac dealey   954.927.5117

new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with
the onTap open source framework