I think Vince is making some very good points here - remember that New
Atlanta have always said that they are going after a slightly
different audience to Macromedia and therefore the features they add
for their customer base are likely to be slightly different to those
added by Macromedia for their customer base. Tim (Buntel) has
effectively said the same thing: Macromedia add what their customers
ask for. If both sets of customers ask for the same thing, you can
expect to see it implemented in both products - if they ask for
different things then you will naturally get some level of
incompatibility.