Depends what you want to do and how your site is constructed.

If it makes sense to show where the user has been (e.g. a shop, show
the last few products they have viewed a-la amazon) then use that.

If it is an informational site, this wouldnt help much would it?:
home -> about us -> our chairmans letter -> products ->sausage maker
v1.0 -> contact us

unless it is for tracking the user behaviour in the back end

Hope that helps

MD