> What do you do for breadcrumbs on your sites?   Do you
> display the actual
> route the user took to get to this page or do you show the
> normal 3-4 steps
> from the home page, regardless of the way the user
> actually got there?

Hi Mike,

Most people don't really mean "bread crumbs" in the traditional sense
when
they're talking about web navigation. This is a big pet peeve for Jim
Davis. :) Most people actually mean a hierarchy nav showing the
parents of the current branch in your tree. If people get to that
location from places other than the parent branch that's fine, but the
idea in general is to give the user a pointer to where they're located
in the site-map. Personally I don't see much use for tracking the
user's actual clickstream in most applications since the browser's
history already does this. There are rare instances in which it can be
useful to have a clickstream if it can display additional information
about the visitor's previous pages, but these are the exception, not
the rule.

s. isaac dealey   954.927.5117

new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with