The only SALES taxes that should apply are city, county and state.

Most places it is only a state sales tax (New York City & suburbs  &
surrounding states) are the big exception).

Your client should only need to charge sales tax if the customer takes
delivery of the product in the state in which your client is licensed
to do business.

Doesn't matter where the client lives, or where he works -- it is where
he takes delivery,

This probably means that your client only needs to charge sales tax to
customers who take delivery in Texas.

Texas, like most southwestern states probably has a state-wide sales
tax (maybe with a surcharge for the some cities and counties).

Your client can explain the Texas sales tax rates to you.

So your calculation would be:

taxRate =0.

Is client's customer taking delivery in Texas --->  no ---> no tax

--yes--> add Texas state rate to taxRate

--is client's customer taking delivery in clients county --- no go
calcTax

----yes--> add Texas county rate to taxRate

----is client's customer taking delivery in clients city --- no go
calcTax

------yes--> add Texas city rate to taxRate

calcTax: taxAmount = taxRate * saleAmount.

HTH

Dick