Get yourself a cheap CF hosting acct and run your own (or run it off
your home broadband for free if you have a cf server license
available).  I wrote SitePeeker (free in the MM devex) and use it to
test smtp, http, https, pop3, cf/db and web mail at 4-minute
intervals.

I used to run it off a $20 / month monthly hosting account but its
been running off my home dsl line for maybe the last two years.
Emails me whenever something bad happens, and best of all its free.

--
--Matt Robertson--
MSB Designs, Inc.