I have a template which calls a custom tag (data.cfm). For testing puposes I deliberately caused an error to occur within the custom tag, the cfcatch/cftry block responds with any text I have written within the cftry tags but #cfcatch.message# is empty....If I cause an error to occur within the template that calls the tag (using url.test) then the catch.message is not empty.....anyone have any thoughts on how to handle errors when using custom tags?

<cftry>

<cfif IsDefined("url.test")>
  <cfset a=b>
<cfelse>