From: Barney Boisvert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 9:33 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CF Admin on JRun Cluster

We run a separate virtual host on our web servers for each app server.
Those vhosts aren't load balanced, SSL-only, and they're
access-restricted to specific IPs (the office and my house).  So we've
got our main vhost and app running at x.x.x.1, and then x.x.x.2-n are
the extra vhosts that go to each server directly.

I like this setup because I can still access my CF Admin from anywhere
with a normal web browser.  At the most, I'll need an SSH client to go
in an add an allowed IP address to the Apache conf, but that's a 300k
download, so hardly an issue.

cheers,
barneyb

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:22:04 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hello all...
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions/best practices for running the CFMX
Administrator when ColdFusion is running as part of a cluster? Obviously
if I run it through IIS I never know which of the two servers
(instances) I'm making a change to.  Can I leave the built-in JRun web
server running if I lock it down so it's only accessable at localhost?

--
Barney Boisvert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]