Now that you mention that I remeber why I knew about this in the first
place. Our content team made pages that used the trade mark symbol
using windows they made it into the HTML version 153 which works great
in IE, not so much in other browsers. I had to write a function that
converted a bunch of them. Can't beleive I forgot about that....

Adam