Thanks for the replies, guys, but I know about as much as you do about the
platform, etc.  The company won't give out details about the system to ppl
like me who are trying to 'steal their business'.  I know that the DB is
Sybase from the little that I could get.

From meeting with the company and them showing me the system, it is a
command line interface (some sort of unix flavor, I think), with 'modules'
that are GUI.

The sheer size and the things that this system can do and does would make
it a yearlong project for us to recode, and I KNOW that the Oil company
would not pay for that.  It wouldn't be impossible, and actually would be
pretty cool, but you know how clients are, and I ain't taking this on
pro-bono.  It also doesn't help that almost all (they claim) oil companies
use this as an 'industry standard'.  They aren't going anywhere soon....

http://www.addsys.com/ is the company's site.

But, all this is neither here nor there at this point, as we had a meeting
with them today, and they are purchasing a version upgrade which will let
them do exactly what I need.  Right now they have a way of exporting print
reports based on what they want output (customer account, del'y address,
next del'y date, last pmt amount, etc etc), but not in any form that I can
use, as the data is all over the place.  The 'version upgrade' addresses
this issue and more, so once that is purchased, I will be fine.

Thanks for all your help though guys.  I owe everyone on this list a beer
if I ever get to one of these conferences!

Ray