At the office, we've run into a bit of a snag with a script that a
consultant did for us that authenticates from the URL of a referring
page hosted on a third party site to auto-generate single signon
authentication, so that an account from their site is automatically
generates an account on our system and doesn't require the user to
sign into our system.  This feature is a requirement to our
application by the third party (our client).

In this case, the consultant's code tries to authenticate from
cgi.http_referer.  The problem we're getting is that we're not getting
back a value.

I have looked around the web, on this list and elsewhere, and know
that this is a potential problem both with firewalls and certain
browsers, but I haven't been able to find an alternative.  We NEED an
alternative, and we need it ASAP.

Any suggestions?

--
Sincerely,