  From: Brian Meloche [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 11:54 AM
  To: CF-Talk
  Subject: Alternative to cgi.http_referer - single signon

  At the office, we've run into a bit of a snag with a script that a
  consultant did for us that authenticates from the URL of a referring
  page hosted on a third party site to auto-generate single signon
  authentication, so that an account from their site is automatically
  generates an account on our system and doesn't require the user to
  sign into our system.  This feature is a requirement to our
  application by the third party (our client).

  In this case, the consultant's code tries to authenticate from
  cgi.http_referer.  The problem we're getting is that we're not getting
  back a value.

  I have looked around the web, on this list and elsewhere, and know
  that this is a potential problem both with firewalls and certain
  browsers, but I haven't been able to find an alternative.  We NEED an
  alternative, and we need it ASAP.

  Any suggestions?

  --
  Sincerely,