> I've been meaning to ask for awhile, but how much overhead
> does CFCONTENT create if you are serving a 1MB file? Howabout
> a 10MB file? Does the CF server actually handle the file, or
> does it just provide a pointer to the local file?

I believe that the request is handled entirely by the web server connector,
rather than by the CF server itself. I'm not sure about overhead in a
general sense, as there are plenty of ways to measure that, but it's been my
observation that it will monopolize a thread until the file has been
returned, which can cause significant performance issues with multiple
users.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496