> Are there differences in SQL/functions when moving from an
> ODBC datasource
> to a JDBC datasource?

> We're hosting an application for another contractor and
> their app is the
> only one using ODBC (all apps use Oracle).  We'd like to
> remove the ODBC
> services (well, we're setting up a brand new box and would
> like to do so
> without ODBC) but they claim that it's a big hassle for
> them to change their
> app to use JDBC instead of ODBC.  When we've migrated apps
> in the past (many
> of which are considerably larger) we never had to change
> any SQL as long as
> the back-end database was the same.

I'd be damned surprised if it required any changes at all... I'm not
saying it won't, I'd just be very surprised. I'd insist on testing a
copy of the app on JDBC as is to see what happens.

s. isaac dealey     954.927.5117
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with
the onTap open source framework