On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:49:55 -0400, S. Isaac Dealey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > And Isaac, I won't damn you. ;)
>
> Mighty kind of you Dave. :)
>
> Although ... I'm not sure about Oracle, but I know that with SQL
> Server you can (maybe not with all JDBC drivers, but I'm pretty sure I
> have with at least one) use more than one sql statement in a single
> cfquery without the semicolons. I hadn't noticed that semicolons had
> changed -- though that may also depend on the individual JDBC
> driver... I remember having some show-stopper problems when I tried to
> use cfqueryparam with the Merant drivers for Oracle that shipped with
> CFMX, although I was developing and testing locally with the JDBC
> drivers from Oracle and having no problems. Unfortunately in my case
> the client didn't go for using the Oracle drivers even though I
> believe they're superior in just about every respect. I think there
> was a later hotfix for the cfqueryparam issue.

I can't speak for SQL Server as we don't use it and I don't have
access to an installation of it to check. But my experience was using
the packaged drivers that come with ColdFusion against an Oracle 8.1.7
database. And, again, I was going from ODBC drivers on CF 4.5 to JDBC
drivers on CFMX, so the ODBC implementation with CFMX might be
different and my experience irrelevant.

Regards,
Dave.