my advise would be to create one variable containg all the references you
need

generate a list
<cfset thelist= "">

<cfform>
        <cfinput name="Reference_#ReferenceID#">
        <Submit>
<cfset thelist = thelist & reference & ",">
</cfform>

then use <cfloop list="#thelist#" index="currentreference">

It is faster and more efficiant than input types hidden