If no form variables are passed, then form.fieldnames will not be
defined.  IsDefined('form.fieldnames')  = False

If a checkbox exists in a form and is not checked when the form is
processed, then the checkbox variable will not be defined.
IsDefined('form.CheckboxVariableName')  = False

As for a textbox with no value entered, the variable will be defined
but will have a value of "".
IsDefined('form.TextboxVariableName')  = True
TextBoxVariableName = ""

---------

> If it's a textbox, and there's no value, then the
> FORM.FieldName won't be
> passed. (Unless I have initialized it with a CFPARAM).

I'm sure that's not true - aren't your mistaking it with checkboxes?

If a value or string is not entered into a checkbox then the fieldname
is still passed - its just passed with a value of "" - ie nothing
ubscribe' in the body.
Clint R. Tillerson
Meteorologist/Programmer
Pacific Environmental Services, Inc.